Historical Significance: This property, and several of its improvements, is linked to Cherokee leader John Martin. Martin built the main house (on the opposite side of Dalton Pike) approximately 1835 after being driven out of Murray County, Georgia. Martin, who has been described as "a distinguished judge in the courts of the Cherokee Nation, and also the national treasurer," was forced to sell his property in 1837, just prior to the Cherokee Removal.
Available Facilities: The present residence, originally built in the "dogtrot" style, is a log structure that was later sheathed with milled lumber. It was moved to the present site in 1950. It is a privately-owned residence.